Monday, March 23, 2009

Shepherd's Conference 2009


At last I have a wee bit of time to report on the Shepherd's Conference at Grace Community Church.

It was my second time at this Conference and once again I thoroughly enjoyed it.


The hospitality of Grace Community is excellent and the logistics of the Conference are quite remarkable. As usual I came away with a bagful of books, some bought, most given to us !

I was edified and encouraged and refreshed through the worship and the word.

Phil Johnson's paper on the Friday morning was no doubt the most controversial in terms of the modern scene. I thought he did a good job and that what he had to say in the main needed to be said. I do think there are certain trends arising today that need to be addressed. I am hopeful that Phil's willingness to address this issue that has surrounded Mark Driscoll will serve to open up some of the fundamental issues that require attention in the modern evangelical, and even Reformed context.

Thank you Grace for a blessed few days, thanks to Ernie, Dave and Jeremy for the friendship we enjoy and the fellowship God has given us.

No comments:

Post a Comment